Skip to main content

Is Donald Trump a racist?

The regressive left in the United States (and pretty much everywhere else) keeps touting how Donald Trump is racist. It always comes up every time they want to attack him. Racism this, racism that, he can't even open his mouth without something racist coming out (paraphrasing an actual quote by a regressive leftist activist.)

Yet when asked for examples, they seem to be lacking. There are tons of YouTube videos out there with people asking these regressive leftist activists for examples, and almost invariably they won't give a single example, or the examples they give have pretty much nothing to with racism. (One particular example was rather hilarious, where the interviewer asked a protester directly an example of something racist the Trump has said, and the example that the protester gave was that Trump had said that black people love him, and that's a lie. As the interviewer says in the video, whether that's true or not doesn't make it a racist statement.)

But perhaps I have only gotten biased information? So I decided to google "racist things trump has said". Maybe I will get actual real examples of this overtly blatant racism that apparently he constantly spouts.

Not to my surprise, the examples I got are as tenuous as I pretty much expected.

For example the first result was the article "The 15 most offensive things that have come out of Trump's mouth" at politico.eu. Almost none of the examples they give are racist.

Some of the examples are incomprehensibly mind-boggling. How is him saying that he's "a negotiator like you folks" outrageous or racist? Apparently also saying "I have a great relationship with the blacks. I’ve always had a great relationship with the blacks" is racist, somehow. (Perhaps the idea is that he didn't use the politically correct term, whichever it happened to be that week?) Apparently also saying "a well-educated black man" is somehow outrageous and racist. I suppose that if he said "an uneducated black man" that would also be racist (just because he said it). I don't think there's anything he can say that contains the words "black man" in it that will not be deemed racist. Or how about "I have thousands of hispanics that work for me." Apparently that's also outrageous, somehow. And of course him claiming he's not racist ("I don't have a racist bone in my body") is also outrageous, naturally.

Some of the examples go way back, like the one alleged by some guy in a book published in 1991. One would think that if Trump really is constantly spouting racist and outrageous things, they wouldn't need to start digging so far in the past.

But ok, that article was just "most offensive things". How about an article that explicitly lists racist things he has said? How about the article "13 examples of Donald Trump being racist" at the Huffington Post? This should give us actual examples of actual racism. So let's see.

Apparently saying this from a Muslim woman is "racist": "If you look at his wife, she was standing there. She had nothing to say. She probably, maybe she wasn’t allowed to have anything to say. You tell me." I would consider a fair question. Either way, stupid or fair, questioning whether she was silent because of her religion or perhaps because of peer pressure (eg. from her religious husband) has nothing to do with racism. At most you could perhaps attribute it to criticism of Islam. Islam is not a race.

In the second example Trump suspects a judge of being biased because of his Mexican heritage (as this case was after his announcement of plans to build a wall between the US and Mexico). You know, because "Mexico" is apparently a race now. (I really love someone's criticism, which is quoted in the article: "Claiming a person can’t do their job because of their race is sort of like the textbook definition of a racist comment." Yeah, "Mexican" is a race, rather than a nationality. And he was talking about bias, not about "can't do their job".)

The third example digs all the way back to 1973. That was actually before I was even born. My God, do they need to dig far in the past to get something. You know what, I'm not even bothering with this one. If they need to go so far back in the past to dig some dirt, I'm not even interested in knowing how accurate it is. Trump is supposed to be racist now, at this moment.

The third example goes to 1991. Pass. And in 1996 he was sued because he didn't keep his promise of hiring quotas based on race. (So maybe he was a liar, but was he a racist? Heck, I oppose hiring quotas based on race. You can freely call me a racist because of that if you want. I don't mind.)

Fourth example: He refused to condemn white supremacists? Firstly, not true. Secondly, when a regressive leftist source claims some people to be "white supremacists", I tend to not believe them (because the media has lost all credibility.) Thirdly, that's not racism. Not condemning a group of people is not racism, no matter who those people are.

Fifth: He questions whether Obama was born in the United States. So he's an idiot and a conspiracy theorist, but that doesn't make him a racist. It has absolutely nothing to do with race.

Sixth: "He treats racial groups as monoliths." This made me laugh out loud. That's exactly what the regressive left does. It's the regressives who are collectivists and cannot see people as individuals, but only as members of large groups of people based in gender, race, and so on. This example is also hilarious because apparently him using the article "the" to describe those people apparently is racist. (Again, just because he might not be using the terminology that happens to he "politically correct" that week doesn't somehow make him a racist.) Also eating tacos and saying "I love Hispanics" is racist. Give me a fucking break.

I'm tired of that article. None of the remaining examples are any better. They really are grasping for straws. It really doesn't matter what he says, it's always somehow "racist".

Is Trump really a racist? Maybe. I don't know. I can't read minds. But judging from what he has said, and judging from the severe lack of concrete examples (and the fact that many of the examples need to dig 30 and even over 40 years back in time to dig some dirt, which shouldn't be necessarily if he really is as blatantly racist as they claim) tells me something. In many aspects he's really an idiot, and a stupid conspiracy theorist (quite typical of American conservatives), and there are many things I strongly disagree with him, but I don't see how he's such an over racist as people claim he is.

Comments