Skip to main content

The most obscure "racist" stereotype ever?

Apparently, it seems, this is a "racist stereotype":


What's so racist about it, you might ask? Very good question. The fact is that I have absolutely no idea, and it seems that nobody can explain it to me either.

It's a black man eating fried chicken. A couple of years ago I heard, for the first time in my entire life, on some YouTube video or something, an allusion to this being somehow an extremely racist stereotype, or something. I had never before heard of anything like this. I asked how exactly is it racist. I got no clear answers.

To this day it remains a complete mystery to me. Apparently only Americans know why it's somehow "racist", even though, apparently, they are incapable of clearly explaining why. It just is. Somehow. I have asked this several times over the years, and to this day I haven't got a single clear explanation, or any explanations at all. I don't even know if there is some context within which it's allegedly "racist", or if it's always such, or what.

I think there's a very similar thing about black people and watermelons, but this one is even more obscure to me than the fried chicken thing. So obscure, in fact, that I'm not even sure it is actually a thing, or whether it's just some kind of joke or something that I have misinterpreted.

The mysteries of life.

Comments